In a new court filing, the judge presiding over 조쉬 더거‘s child sex abuse material case outlined his reasoning behind denying the former reality star’s requests to get evidence dismissed ahead of his Nov. 30 재판.
In recent months, his defense team has filed multiple motions regarding the evidence in the case, 어느 were denied at a Sept. 27 듣기.
The defense’s requests included a motion to suppress statements Duggar allegedly made to federal agents during the course of their investigation, 동의 사건을 완전히 기각하다 수사관이 실패했다는 주장에 대해 “잠재적 무죄 증거 보존,” 진압하는 움직임 Duggar의 손과 발 사진 그가 구금된 동안 찍은, 조사 당시 누가 국토안보부를 운영하고 있었는지에 대한 기술적인 이유로 Duggar의 기소를 기각하기 위한 동의.
지방 판사 Timothy L. Brooks addressed each of the motions and why they were denied in a document filed Wednesday and obtained by PEOPLE.
The first motion was in regards to statements Duggar made to federal agents 11 월 2019, when they executed a search warrant on the car lot where he worked at the time.
His lawyers argued that what Duggar said to the agents — including allegedly asking, “What is this about? Has somebody been downloading child pornography?” — should be suppressed because he had previously asserted his right to counsel.
The judge, 하지만, wrote that “because Mr. Duggar was never in custody” during the interaction with the agents, his statements would not be suppressed.
The next motion claimed that the photos taken of Duggar’s hands and feet, which show a scar on one of his hands, were a violation of his Fourth, Fifth and Sixth Amendment rights and said that law enforcement officials should have obtained a warrant before taking them.
Brooks denied this because “there is no legal authority to suggest agents needed a warrant before they could photograph Mr. Duggar’s hands and feet,” 그가 썼다, additionally noting that “씨. Duggar consented to being photographed.”
The judge said the third motion, which called for Duggar’s indictment to be dismissed, ~였다 “frivolous” 그리고 있었다 “no legal support.”
마침내, Duggar’s lawyers claimed that in the course of their investigation, federal agents “failed to preserve potentially exculpatory evidence” because they did not perform forensic analyses of electronic devices other than Duggar’s.
“The Court finds that law enforcement’s decision not to forensically search and image certain electronic devices was made pursuant to a good-faith belief that such additional investigative steps were unnecessary,” 브룩스가 썼다, denying the fourth motion.
스토리를 놓치지 마세요. 사람들의 무료 일간 뉴스레터 PEOPLE이 제공하는 최고의 최신 정보를 유지하기 위해, 흥미진진한 유명인 뉴스부터 흥미진진한 스토리까지.
이슬, who prosecutors believe had 이상 200 images of children on his computer, is no stranger to controversy. 에 2015, news broke that he had allegedly 미성년자 5명을 성추행 청소년으로써. 그의 두 자매, 처녀 (이슬) 딜라드, 지금 30, 그리고 제시 (이슬) 시발트, 지금 28, 나중에 앞으로 나왔다 두 명의 희생자로서.
그의 현재 법적 고통 속에서, TLC는 Duggar 가족의 리얼리티 시리즈를 취소했습니다., 카운트 온. 그들의 성명서에서, 네트워크는 그렇게 느꼈다고 말했다 “Duggar 가족이 자신의 상황을 개인적으로 해결할 수 있는 기회를 제공하는 것이 중요합니다.”
쇼는 TLC에서 초연되었습니다. 2015 and served as a spinoff series to 19 어린이와 카운팅, 에서 실행 2008 에게 2015.
아동학대가 의심된다면, Childhelp 전국 아동 학대 핫라인 1-800-4-A-Child에 전화하거나 1-800-422-4453, 또는 www.childhelp.org로 이동. 모든 통화는 수신자 부담이며 기밀입니다.. 핫라인 사용 가능 24/7 이상에서 170 언어.
귀하 또는 귀하가 아는 사람이 성추행의 피해자인 경우, 텍스트 “힘” 위기 텍스트 라인에 741-741 공인 위기 상담사와 연결.